New Video: How to Avoid Button Maker Jams December 01 2016
Sometimes when making buttons, you run into a jam.
One video we posted a while ago gave step-by-step instructions on how to un-jam a hand press that has something stuck in it. Click through the link to watch the video on The Button Guy YouTube Channel.
Though it's great to know how to un-jam a button maker, it's also really handy to know how to avoid button maker jams in the first place...
HOW TO AVOID BUTTON MAKER JAMS
HOW TO AVOID BUTTON MAKER JAMS: TIPS & TRICKS FROM THE VIDEO
1. Make sure you only use 1 shell or collet at a time. They like to stick together
2. Only use 1 mylar at a time. They tend to be very easily affected by static and cling together like nobody's business
3. Only use paper that is 28lbs or less. (regular old photocopy paper is actually the best paper to use!)
4. Keep your machine well lubricated! Lubricant for button makers is really inexpensive, and comes in a tube that will last for decades
5. Stick to artwork that is drawn on paper, or printed out. Though making a 3-D collage on your button shell might look nifty, your button maker prefers nice flat artwork
BUTTON MAKER MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR SERVICES
Even if you're careful to not jam your button maker, accidents do happen. If you've tried un-jamming you button maker with no success, we do also offer maintenance and repair services!