Many people decide to start their own business around new year. January 12 2013
Whilst starting your own business is a big step at any time and I wouldn’t recommend it just because it is new year but buying a button maker, starting a button making business is a good idea if you have some skills.
- Are you proficient with design? Good design is key to a button making business. Photoshop? Illustrator? Gimp? Paint Shop? Correll Draw?
- Are you good with people – As a sales person or as an employer, you need to be good with people.
- Are you a perfectionist? You don’t have to be but quality control is important! Well made, good quality products every time will get you more business!
- Are you disciplined? Can you work without someone breathing down your neck? – are you motivated?
- Do you have $1000 cash to get you going? Sure you can borrow it but then you have to pay it back, if you have it free and clear your chances of success are vastly improved. And yes that was One Thousand Dollars, a very small amount to start your own business, that is the beauty of a button making business. It is the perfect small business idea if finances are tight you can probably start with $600.
If you can answer yes to all of the above then you should think about starting your own button making business. A simple low investment business idea that can bring immediate revenue.
Here’s are a few more articles:
I’m starting a new business: How do I get people or businesses interested in getting buttons made or using buttons for fundraisers?